Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Green Papaya Salad


Quick update. I made green papaya salad for lunch today. Loved it. 


Bought the green papaya in Sai Kung, didn't really know how to cook it, so I asked the owner of the groceries for some tips, and recalling the taste of the green papaya salads I had at the thai restaurants, I made this. I don't have a shredder so I had a hard time cutting the papaya myself. I was hungry so I cut it roughly. Would have made it more fine if I had the time, but good that the thickness did give the salad a bit more crunchiness. Nice. 


I first prepared the vermicelli, set aside and let cool. Then I stir-fried the minced garlic with the chinese dried shrimps and pork with the seasoning. Once done, I started mixing everything in the big big bowl. Added fish sauce (yum!), a squeeze of lime juice, minced chilli and some more garlic. Gave it a final touch with a generous splash of some homemade thai sour and hot sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment