Monday, July 18, 2011

Greek Salad


I had Greek salad this afternoon. It makes me happy.

I did not like Greek salad when I was young. I did not like the bitterness of olives and I thought the crumbled feta cheese looked ugly.

Only until 5 weeks ago did I start to appreciate it and quickly fell in love with it. I know it is unusual to think so highly of something so simple, but the herbs, olives and feta cheese do magic and make this veggie salad so extraordinary. I liked it so much that I had it in every meal when I was in Greece. 

To make it as authentic as possible, get fresh Greek feta cheese instead of the packaged, already-crumbled ones. I also chose fresh, unpitted Greek Jumbo Black olives, they taste great, don't cost much and are available in Citysuper or Taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment