Sunday, July 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies


I adore peanut butter so very naturally I find classic peanut butter cookies extremely tasty and comforting.

I love peanut butter to an extent that I insist on making my own peanut butter sandwiches so to ensure that all the corners are drenched in the rich, creamy but also chunky peanut butter. Yet this is not the end of the story. After eating my sandwich, I secretly dig my knife into the Skippy peanut butter jar, give it a nice swoop, pull it out, and oh my goodness, I do what Winnie the Pooh does when he finds his "hunny".

I think my first time making this cookie is about 6 years ago, when I took my one and only cooking class at Town Gas with my sister. I still remember how the teacher guided us in creating that classic crosshatch pattern with a fork before shoving the cookies in the oven.


Sweet food is really my weakest area and peanut butter cookie is one of the few sweet food I manage to make properly. I am sure that it is because of my reluctance in following the recipes word by word. I am always too lazy to make really accurate measurements and that is a big NO for dessert-making. This time, I used Martha Stewart's recipe, she is reliable and she even offers around 20 different recipes for adding some twists to this classic cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment