Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Linguine con le vongole


I suddenly felt like making this dish, so despite the rain, I went out to the market to pick some nice fresh clams. I have to admit that I usually do my groceries at Park N' Shop or Taste and occasionally at Citysuper, but I know it's best to hit the local markets. They offer the freshest ingredients without costing you a fortune, and the friendly stall owners are very generous in giving you cooking tips. 

As usual, sauté the minced garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Splash in white wine, lemon juice and chicken broth. Add in the clams, cover the lid and let it simmer for 6 minutes. 


The heated wine intensified and accented the flavour of the clams, it smelled so good! I couldn't wait to open the lid and there, the clams welcomed me with a big wide grin! So pretty!!



Almost done at this stage! Toss in the linguine, season it and mix in a handful of parsley. Finish it off with one more splash of extra virgin olive oil and there you have it! :) 


I dedicate this post to Salina and Patrick, who are huge fans of linguine con le vongole!

No comments:

Post a Comment