Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Swedish Meatballs



Spaghetti bolognese was my favourite dish when I was a child. But I always secretly wondered why people never put meatballs on top of the spaghetti bolognese, that would make it perfect!


I like meatballs with potato but I cannot find many restaurants here that serve these meatballs. Some American restaurants do, but I think the best ones are from IKEA.

So I followed the IKEA recipe and made my own Swedish meatballs! First, you need to boil and mash the potatoes. Mix in the bread crumbs and water until it looks like a cake batter. Pour in and combine the minced beef, minced pork, butter-fried diced onions, egg, milk and water. Season it, then wash your hands again and be ready to shape some nice, juicy meatballs!

I like this shaping process as it reminds me of my childhood, when I always played with clay and tried to shape them into mini hamburgers. It 
is pretty easy and fun to make this dish, but frying them takes some time. Shaping smaller meatballs helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment